Rules & Regulations
The school reserves the right to terminate the continuance of students with unsatisfactory progress in studies or whose conduct is a bad example for others.
Students who are escorted to and from school in the care of helpers or other domestic staff may not leave the school premises without their nominated escort. In case of a delay in the arrival of such escorts, they should report the matter to the school office.
Observance of the following is compulsory for all students and deviations will lead to issue of yellow stars / yellow card :
- Every student must carry this Almanac to school every day and use it productively.
- Non a?? bus commuters must arrive 10 minutes before schedule time.
- Uniform is compulsory during school hours and for all school functions including all such instances where students are representing the school outside.
- Uniform must always be neat and clean. I a?? card is a part of the uniform and must be worn at all times.
- Non a?? Sikh boys should get their hair cut at regular intervals and ensure that it remains combed and tidy.
- Use of foul language are punishable offences, whether in or out of school. Students found using the same will be expelled.
- Students are not allowed to bring any weapons or sharp instruments, such as blades, knives, paper a?? scalpels, scissors etc., to school.
- Damaging or disfiguring any school property may result in expulsion from school.
- Students are prohibited from bringing any publication, reference books, CD or other storage devices like floppies, pen drives or I a?? pads, not relevant to academic pursuits.
- Students are prohibited from bringing money other than for Tiffin purpose.
- Bringing mobile phones or cameras to school is strictly forbidden. Heavy fine will be levied apart from being suspended from school.
- In the interest of their own security, students are advised not to buy or receive any articles, gifts or foodstuff from anyone at all on route.
- Bursting crackers on any occasion or splashing colours during Holi in the school premises or in school buses is strictly forbidden.
- It is mandatory for all students, unless instructed otherwise to be present for festivals and functions celebrated in and outside the school.
- The school is committed to protecting the environment and expects its students to be environment-friendly in all their actions. The use of polybags (plastic bags) is, therefore, strictly prohibited in the school and students should consciously avoid their use for any purpose.
- Students are not allowed to celebrate their birthday and any other occasion; they are not even allowed to distribute sweets or chocolates at school.
- Girls with long hair must plait their hair. White hair band is a part of uniform and it must be worn by all girl students in school campus and outside school campus while representing school. Only White hair clips are allowed.
- Colouring or bleaching of hair is not permitted.
ABSENCE FROM SCHOOL
- No student who has been absent on the previous day will be allowed to attend class unless her/his parent has entered an explanation stating the reasons for the absence, in the a??Record if Non-Attendancea?? section of the almanac, for each day the student has been absent from the school. In case a child reports to school without an explanation in the almanac, then the parents will be summoned to school and child will be sent back home
- It is the responsibility of the absentee students to ensure that their parents have entered the relevant information and signed the almanac, failing which the studenta??s parents may be called to school and asked to take their ward back home. For absence of more than two days on Medical Grounds, Medical Certificate shall be attached along with application.
- A student, returning to school after suffering an infectious or contagious disease, should produce a doctora??s fitness certificate permitting her/him to attend school. Students suffering from the following diseases must observe the prescribed period of quarantine before returning to school:
- Students should not, except in emergency situations, visit the school infirmary, unless an entry has been made in the almanac by the teacher.
- Parents will be promptly informed in the event of serious illness or emergencies, may be requested to come to school to take their ward home if necessary.
- Repeated absence without notice or unexplained absence without written application for more than six consecutive days renders the student liable to have her/his name struck off the rolls. Re-admission may only be granted after payment of the re-admission fee.
- All students are expected to attend school on opening day immediately following the vacations. Absence on the day of reopening of the school will attract strict disciplinary action.
- It is compulsory for students to complete 85% attendance for class I to X and 75% for classes LKG, UKG, XI and XII in each term or unit in order to be eligible to take the end-of-term assessment. This stipulation can only be relaxed on genuine medical grounds, at the sole discretion of the Principal.
- Absence for more than 15% of the total number of working days for class I to X and 25% for LKG,UKG, XI and XII may result in detention of the child in the same class.
- Students are expected to reach school 10 minutes before the start of the School. Students arriving late will not be allowed to enter the school premises without a plausible explanation.
- Arriving late for school is not acceptable. Students found to have come late for more than two days in a month will not be allowed to attend classes on third such occurrence and disciplinary action shall be taken against them
- Students may avail of the schoola??s transport, subject to the availability of the seats.
- School bus routes are drawn up based on the convenience and demand while ensuring that no route is overly long. Parents should consult the schoola??s transport in-charge for necessary details or any changes desired.
- Under no circumstances are students allowed to go behind or under the buses parked in the school campus. Students are also not allowed to sit in parked buses during school hours.
- Under no circumstances should students touch the instrument panel of the buses.
- A student using the school bus is expected to be at the stop at least five minutes before the scheduled arrival of the bus. The student has to be on the correct side of the arriving bus.
- Students are issued identity cards which should be worn by the student.
- Students are allowed to use only their allotted bus and bus stop. There is no provision for temporary change in bus or bus stops.
- Students, who miss the allotted bus, should not try to board any other bus. In such cases it is the responsibility of the parents to drop their wards to the school. Such students may, however, return by their allotted bus.
- Students must make sure that the aisle of the bus is clear, and that school bags and other belongings are placed properly.
- Students must keep all parts of their body inside the bus at all times. They should not put their hands out even for waving.
- No object should be thrown inside or outside the bus.
- The consumption of edible and drinks are not permitted in the bus
- Unruly behavior like shrieking and shouting is strictly prohibited.
- The drivera??s attention must not be distracted for any reason.
- The drivers are authorized to stop buses at designated stops only. The list of stops is prepared keeping in view the convenience and safety of all bus commuters and is subject to change.
- In case there is a permanent change in stop and/or bus, permission for the same bus has to be sought through an application on the prescribed form available at the school office. The change shall become effective only after the school grants written permission. In case the change is of a permanent nature, a new set of identity cards will be issued and the parents have to ensure that they surrender the previous set of identity cards. Request of temporary change in bus or bus stops will not be entertained
- Parents should, for the safety of their children, ensure that their wards are always escorted to and from bus stops. For children who, for any reason, have to travel unescorted to and from their stops, an application mentioning the same must be sent to the Principal.
- Parents (or their duly authorized nominee/s) have to produce the parentsa?? copy of the identity card at the bus stop or the school gate, in order to receive their ward, failing which the students will not be handed over to parents or their nominee/s and will brought back to the school office. The parent will then have to pick up the student from the school on the production of the school identity card.
- Damaged (due to wear and tear, and not broken ones) identity cards will be replaced. However, for replacement, parents have to submit an application on the prescribed form available at the school office and must ensure that they surrender the damaged card/s to the school authorities immediately on receipt of the new one.
- If either of the identity cards or both are lost, a new set of identity cards can be procured by applying to the school on the prescribed form, available at the school office. The remaining card and the administrative charges of Rs. 100 (Rupees one hundred only) shall also be deposited along with the application.
- Parents/Nominees of students who do not avail the schoola??s transport should present themselves at the school gate 15 minutes before the start/dispersal of the school to drop or collect their cards.
- Identity cards are valid till new ones are issued. Old identity cards must be surrendered immediately upon receipt of new identity cards.
- If, due to certain exigencies, a student has to leave the school campus during the school hours, the following rules will be observed:
- A written request must be submitted by the parents.
- The parentsa?? copy of identity card must be produced.
- The School leaving register must be signed.
- The Permission Slip must be obtained and shown at the school gate before leaving the campus.
- Parents are not allowed to enter the bus under any circumstances.
- Parents who want to avail school transport facility for their wards, the Front Office Executive (FOE) can be contacted at the school office during the working hours for details
|Chicken||Pox Till the scabs fall completely||Not more than 15 days|
|Cholera||Till the child has completely recovered||Not more than 15 days|
|Measles||Two weeks after the rash disappears||Not more than 10 days|
|Mumps||Until the swelling has gone; about one month||Not more than 15 days|
|Whooping Cough||Six Weeks||Not more than 20 days|
|Hepatitis||Six Weeks||Not more than 20 days|
Students, who require medical attention during school hours, may be sent to the school infirmary by the teacher concerned, who will enter the nature of the complaint and sign the a??School Infirmary Recorda?? section of the almanac.